The Warrenville Fire Protection District is the Place to Start Your Career in the Fire Service.
Do you want to be a Firefighter Cadet at the Warrenville FPD?
What is a Cadet? The Warrenville Fire Protection District has one of the most advanced Cadet Programs in DuPage County. A Cadet is a high school student who choose to follow the technical or collegiate route to their future fire service career. Through cooperation with the local high schools and the Technical Center of DuPage TCD (an affiliate of the College of DuPage) the Warrenville Fire Protection District offers local high school students the opportunity to start a career in the fire service in a well-structured and safe environment, while at the same time allowing them to get a sense of service to their home community. Upon successful completion of the program, the Cadet is eligible to become a paid-on-call firefighter of the Warrenville Fire Protection District, with sponsorship for the Fire Academy.
- Residing within three miles of the Warrenville Fire Protection District Boundaries
- High School Senior
- Enrolled at Technology Center of DuPage Fire Science or Emergency Medical Technician student (or other similar technical training School)
- Respond to the Station during emergency call outs
- Participate in Cadet Trainings Monday after school to 5 pm
- Participate in Paid-On-Call Wednesday night drills from 7pm – 9 pm
- Maintain a ‘C’ grade in all classes
- Remain physically fit
- Additional expectations and requirements will be discussed in the selection process
- Fill out an application to the Warrenville Fire Protection District. Contact the station (630)393-1381 to request a cadet application.
- Applications must be in by prior to the start of senior year of high school. Exceptions for late cadet applications may be considered.
- Qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview
- Offers for entry into Cadet Program are contingent on the hiring process that includes background checks, & a medical examination. Parental/guardian consent is required for entry into the Cadet Program.